OFF THE RAILS offers carefree cycling holidays on the Otago Central Rail Trail near Queenstown. With us as your support crew, this eco-friendly New Zealand bicycle tour is a fun and achievable adventure for the whole family.
Off The Rails
OFF THE RAILS offers fully-supported cycling holidays on the 150 km Rail Trail from September to May each year. Tours feature our own heritage accommodation, personalized transport and front-suspension comfort geometry bikes. Enjoy an achievable adventure on the Rail Trail and take the opportunity to further explore the region with our dedicated and experienced guides - all you need do is turn the pedals. We work with groups of 2 - 12 riders - you won't get lost in the crowd with us!
We will also do custom tours over the cooler months by arrangement. Contact us for information about full day wine tours, 4 wheel drive adventures, gold panning etc.
All of our Premium Tours Cycle Tours feature the following items included in the cost:
- Pick up from your accommodation at Queenstown *
- The services of a driver each day who is there to assist if required - our drivers are experts in their field and have a wealth of local knowledge
- Front suspension Avanti comfort geometry bikes that are designed for trail riding - bikes come fully equipped with front and rear panniers, a helmet, cycle computer and a torch for the tunnels
- Accommodation at one of Off The Rails heritage properties in Ranfurly
- Personalised transport to and from the trail each day
- Evening excursions to iconic local eateries. Including complimentary curling in historic Naseby
- Return to Queenstown or transport to the Taieri Gorge Railway
* pickups/dropoffs from other locations also possible
From October to May we also operate a casual bike hire from 32 Charlemont Street. Ranfurly.
Tony and Trina