Having been operating since the Rail Trail opened in the year 2000 and with 20 years experience in bike sales and service before that, Trail Journeys have learned what people like and what is reliable when it comes to bikes.
About Trail Journeys Bike Hire
Along with the expertise of the Avanti design team and our customers feedback, we have spent a number of years designing a rental bike that is not only incredibly comfortable to ride, it is also extremely reliable!
Comfort bike and eBike features include:
- Padded, ergonomic gel seats and hand grips for great comfort where it counts!
- High headset with swept back handle bars to sit the rider in a more comfortable upright riding position.
- 2 Frame styles - a low step model with a low cross bar and a standard model with the normal cross bar.
- Larger 29 inch wheels that roll better and help you get the most out of every pedal stroke.
- Puncture resistant tyres - a leisure cyclists dream!
- Hydraulic Brakes for better stopping power when out on the trail.
- eBikes with quality Bosch motors.
Backup service. Don't want to ride...jump on a shuttle!
We have a fleet of vans, buses, bike and luggage trailers equipped to handle all your transport requirements.
Whether your group is large or small Trail Journeys will find an option to suit you so drop us a line to discuss your ideas and we will help "get the wheels turning" on your Otago Central Rail Trail experience.
Trail Journeys is a locally owned and operated family business that grew out of a 2 man bike & kayak shop in Alexandra. We believe in quality with genuine, friendly service and support; some say we are "committed to a fault" to ensuring you have a great experience whilst in our care.
Use our free booking service and let us put a customised Rail Trail experience together for you. We can book any aspect of your tour from accommodation to bike hire, side trips and attractions and we offer the full range of transport services.
We have depots at both ends of the trail for your comfort and convenience. Both have secure car storage options, toilet, shower, lounge, changing, complimentary tea or coffee and shopping facilities for cycle accessories, snacks, drinks, last minute necessities and souvenirs.