Railway Heritage

Hyde Station

Hyde Station, built in 1894, is located almost 2km from Hyde Township.  Built on a site chosen as the only flat land suitable for a railhead, the Hyde Station included an engine shed and the line's first locomotive shed.  

The Station was once very busy with railway wagons loaded with Hyde clay for pottery works in Christchurch and Auckland.

Wagons on the siding are representative of old style rolling stock.

Address: Hyde,