Blackstone, also known as Hills Creek, is the site of the early gold rush and like Drybread, little remains of this thriving settlement except for its cemetery.
Blackstone Cemetery is located on Hills Creek Road, just off the main Highway near the turn-off to St Bathans.
The Cemetery’s first burial (apparently unofficial) was recorded in 1864 for a Mr Peter Curle, who apparently died while in police lock-up.
The gate entrance is also designed as a War Memorial.
The cemetery continues to be in use today and is administered and maintained by the Blackstone Cemetery Trust. All burials and records are managed by the Blackstone Cemetery Trust.
Address: 9 Hills Creek Road, Becks-Wedderburn Highway, Wedderburn,