Otago Central Rail Trail Passport - Just $12.50 -
Buying everyone a "Passport" book is a fun way of contributing funds to the Otago Central Rail Trail Trust.
Passports are popular with children (and adults!) - stamping your Passport becomes a real incentive to get to the next station site - and you will have a great record of your trip.
Inside each Otago Central Rail Trail Passport you’ll find:
· A Rail Trail map with location of railway gangers' sheds shelter and information panels (*marked i)
· A story in the Passport for each station and a space for the self-inking stamp - look inside the red, replica Railways Department phone boxes.
If a stamp is missing or damaged, the poster inside the box gives the names and locations of local businesses holding the stamp for that station.
Don't worry if you miss a station stamp along the Trail - full set of station stamps are held at DOC -(43 Dunstan Rd, Alexandra, beside the Rail Trail), Wedderburn Lodge and Cottages, and Rail Trail Information in the main street of Middlemarch. Or post your Passport back with a s.a.e. to Otago Central Rail Trail Trust.
Where to Buy Your Rail Trail Passport:
· Cromwell, Alexandra, Ranfurly and Dunedin i-SITES
· DOC (Dept of Conservation) Coastal (77 Lower Stuart Street, Dunedin) and DOC Central, Alexandra
· Tour operators, bicycle hire businesses, some Trail accommodation providers and at Gilchrist's Store, Oturehua.
* Or order here - send cash or cheque, along with a stamp-addressed envelope, for each Passport you want to buy at $12.50 each.
Otago Central Rail Trail Trust,
PO Box 399
* Don’t forget to inquire whether your Rail Trail package includes one or more Passports when booking through a tour operator.